Call for Proposals: Small Grant for the Conservation of the Great Bustard in the OSME region
OSME, in collaboration with the Eurasian Bustard Alliance, announces a special grant competition focused on projects supporting the conservation of the Great Bustard within the OSME region.
- Projects must take place inside the OSME region. Unfortunately, due to international sanctions, projects in Iran and Russia cannot currently be funded.
- Projects must focus on the conservation of the Great Bustard, or research closely tied to the species’ conservation. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work to reduce threats, such as illegal killing, powerline collisions, and predation
- Improvement of conditions for reproduction, e.g. reduction of nest destruction and depredation
- Relevant improvements to protected areas relevant to the survival of this species
- One project will be selected to receive up to £5000 pounds; alternatively, depending on the applications received, two smaller projects may be selected.
- Project work may begin on 1 January 2023 and may last up to two years.
- A final report is required, and the submission of a paper to the OSME journal Sandgrouse is strongly encouraged.
- An abbreviated application form may be downloaded here.
- Applications should be submitted in English. If this presents difficulties, contact Rob Sheldon (email@example.com) regarding your preference to submit an application in an OSME region language by 1 September 2022.
- Applications must be received by 30 September 2022.
- Notification of decisions will occur in late November 2022.
- The Grant Application form can be downloaded here, and only applications using this form will be accepted.
- Application forms should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant evaluation process
- Applications will be evaluated by the OSME Conservation Fund sub-committee and OSME Council. The Eurasian Bustard Alliance will also be involved in the evaluation process.
- During the evaluation, emphasis will be placed on the expected impact of the proposed project on the conservation of the Great Bustard within the OSME region.