OSME online Summer Meeting – programme & registration
OSME will be holding our first online Summer Meeting using Zoom on the 15th August. We have an exciting line-up of speakers from across the OSME region covering Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Socotra and central Asia. There will also be a ‘meet the Sandgrouse Editor’ discussion session where Dr Paul Donald will invite questions and comments on OSME’s journal to help us develop a strategy for our highly respected publication.
The meeting will start at 10:30 am British Summer Time (GMT +1) on the 15th August.
The full programme is as follows:
10.30 Introduction & welcome – Rob Sheldon, OSME Chairman
10.40 Socotra: updates from an Arabian Jewel – Richard Porter
11.10 Developing the next generation of birders in Azerbaijan – Zülfü Ferecli
11.30 The birds of Lebanon – Dr Ghassan Ramadan-Jaradi
11.50 Steppe by steppe: in search of the Great Bustard in Central Asia – Dr Mimi Kessler
12.10 Meet the Sandgrouse Editor – discussion with Dr Paul Donald
12.40 Closing comments – Rob Sheldon, OSME Chairman
You can download the full programme and speaker information here.
The meeting is open to OSME members and non-members and it is free to attend, but you do need to register.
How to register for OSME’s free virtual summer meeting:
Register for meeting at this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/osme-summer-meeting-2020-tickets-114196330298, making sure you click the ‘Register’ button and follow the instructions.
- You will receive an immediate confirmation email if your registration has been successful.
- You will receive a Zoom link to attend a couple of days before the meeting.
- The meeting will take place via Zoom virtual meetings, which is free to download from their website.
- We suggest you sign up for Zoom well ahead of the meeting, preferably at least the day before, but the earlier the better!
- Please join the meeting a few minutes before the start time, as we will be starting at 10:30am sharp.
- If you have any questions or are having any problems with the registration process please contact OSME Secretary Sajidah Ahmad via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to our first ever online Summer Meeting on the 15th August.